Our aim is to offer you a prompt appointment date that is convenient to your circumstances, depending upon your choice of consultant.
Appointments can be made by:
In some circumstance a GP referral letter may be required prior to making an appointment, particularly if your GP has information about your medical history that may be helpful to your consultant or if you are using private medical insurance to pay for your treatment.
Your doctor can send your referral letter by:
Fax: 01642 359111
Post: The Hip and Knee Clinic, Nuffield Health Tees Hospital, Junction Road, Norton, TS20 1PX
When we receive this we will contact you to offer you a suitable appointment.
What should I bring to my consultation?
- You should bring the referral letter from your doctor or physiotherapist if available.
- It might be useful to make a list of questions that you would like to ask your consultant?
- You may also wish to bring a friend or relative with you for support.
- Please bring details of your private medical insurance, including your insurance number and authorisation code for the consultation and any outpatient diagnostic and investigative tests, if required.
- If you are paying for yourself, you will usually receive two invoices. One from your consultant for the consultation fee and a separate one to cover the cost of any outpatient tests and investigations carried out.